THE HORN OF PLENTY
Horn of Plenty is perfect for couples looking for a unique, sophisticated but relaxed venue with amazing views and fabulous food. The 4-star country house hotel is filled with elegance and charm, set in 5 acres of secluded colourful gardens. Located in the Devon countryside near the market town of Tavistock on the edge of Dartmoor, your guests will be struck by the unique, breath-taking view of the Tamar valley. This awesome backdrop is sure to create amazing wedding photos; it’s a photographers’ dream.
Country house chic and outdoor weddings
The venue is licensed for Civil Ceremonies and Partnerships and can accommodate 2 - 95 guests in the main house or up to 150 guests in a marquee on the lawn. Outdoor weddings here are truly spectacular. Optional exclusive hire of the hotel means that you and your guests can enjoy a private celebration with full use of the hotel, gardens and 16 bedrooms. Alternatively for smaller gatherings, we offer non-exclusive use weddings, intimate weddings and part-day weddings.
Making your wedding as individual as you
Bespoke weddings are at the core of The Horn of Plenty and our experienced Wedding team will help guide, plan and deliver your perfect day. The restaurant has reputation as one of Devon’s finest and, with the help of our Head Chef, you will develop your own bespoke menu. From impressive fine dining to a delicious roast, you are free to create a range of options to please everyone. Wedding guests regularly comment it’s the best wedding breakfast they’ve ever tasted.
Creating memories that last
This truly stunning wedding venue combines romance with dramatic scenery. Whatever you have in mind for your big day, this it is sure to deliver lasting memories. Whether you are looking for a 2-day summer celebration with outdoor ceremony and games on the lawn, or an intimate winter ceremony with log fires and sofa time, the weddings team would love to meet with you to understand your hopes, dreams and ideas. Please call 01822 832528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a brochure or to arrange a showaround.
Multi award winning
We are proud to be one of the South West’s very best wedding venues, earning many sought-after accolades, including:
• Three times winner of South West Weddings Awards (2019, 2016, 2014)
• Crowned one of the Times’ Top 40 “Cool Places to Stay” 2019
• “Best Wedding Hotel 2021, 2019, 2018“ - Editor’s Choice (Good Hotel Guide)
• “Most Outstanding Bespoke Wedding Venue in Devon” – Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2018
• “National Small Hotel of the Year” – Silver Award (Visit England 2015/16)
✉ CONTACT VENUE
AT A GLANCE
• Maximum capacity: 95 in the main house; 150 in a marquee
• Exclusivity: Optional (but needed if you are looking for an evening celebration)
• Licensed for Marriage: Yes (4 rooms)
• Accommodation: A choice of 4 bridal suites + 12 additional rooms, total 16 rooms.
• Late license: Yes on request
• Parking: On site, free of charge
• Pets welcome: In selected rooms
Tel: 01822 832528
THE HORN OF PLENTY
Gulworthy, Tavistock, PL19 8JD