Sunninghill Weddings venue in Dorchester is a hidden gem for a wedding ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening party celebration.
Our beautiful Grade II Victorian Gothic villa is set within its own walled garden which is framed by mature trees and set mainly to lawn. We offer wedding couples a choice of seven different licensed ceremony locations which include indoor and outdoor wedding options which can be decorated both traditional or modern in style.
All wedding rooms look out over the main lawn and are south facing which means they are light, bright and airy and all have access tour outside terrace which is perfect for a post ceremony drinks reception and a lovely space for guests to mingle and chat.
Our venue hire fee includes exclusive use of the house and grounds for you and your wedding guests.
We offer a range of catering options including a traditional sit down meal, a more relaxed afternoon tea wedding breakfast, a picnic on the lawn, a BBQ or Hog Toast to list a few of the popular catering options provided. We offer several drinks packages and we also have an onsite bar for guests to purchase drinks.
Sunninghill Weddings venue is found off South Walks. The house has historical interest as it was built originally for Alfred Pope of the Eldridge Pope Brewing dynasty: it is an oasis of calm in the bustling Dorset county town of Dorchester, DT1. The house is within easy walking distance of the town centre and its range of overnight accommodation options and public transport links.
We have ample onsite parking which is free to use by your wedding guests and they are welcome to leave their cars overnight.
Private viewing tours are available most weekends and the team look forward to welcoming you.
✉ CONTACT VENUE
AT A GLANCE
• Maximum capacity: 200
• Exclusivity: Yes
• Licensed for Marriage: Yes, both indoor and outdoor ceremonies
• Accommodation: No but within easy walking distance of Dorchester town centre
• Catering: We use a team of Private Chefs who use local and seasonal ingredients; wedding breakfast packages available which include a BBQ, Picnic and Afternoon Tea in addition to the popular plated, sit down option. Alternatively couples can opt to arrange their own catering
• Late license: No
• Parking: There is ample onsite parking, free of charge and cars may be left overnight
• Pets welcome: We are a dog friendly wedding venue
Tel: 0044 7815 429073
South Court, S Walks Rd, Dorchester, DT1 1EB