At Fernhill Farm we offer an alternative venue in beautiful surroundings. The working farm is discreetly set in 160 acres of species rich natural grasslands on the breath-taking Mendip Hills, with walks through the fields and woodlands, and an orchard and gardens with ponds to enjoy. From the land we are proud to rear wool and meat: Aberdeen angus beef, saddleback pork from the woods and lean Shetland meat. Our fresh meat produce is 100% grass-fed for your nutritional health.
Our 17th Century Grade II listed Camping Barns have been re-established beyond their former glory, creating a range of interesting and rustic rooms for your celebrations. We also have a large working Agricultural shed which can be transformed into your perfect wedding venue.
We offer self-catering weddings, however work very closely with caterers Queen & Whippet who we would highly recommend to create your ideal wedding feast.
We have disabled access and facilities, onsite parking and quirky 'camping-style' accommodation units alongside our Camping Fields. Our ethos is to tread lightly on this land, as we celebrate its biodiversity.
✉ CONTACT VENUE
AT A GLANCE
• Maximum capacity: Camping Barns (Hive Hall) is 100 seated. We are happy for an external company to provide a marquee if the number is up to 120
Agricultural shed - 250 seated.
• Exclusivity: We can offer exclusivity of the venue but this would be at a discussed price
• Licensed for Marriage: Currently not available, but likely to change in the future. We do have spaces for blessings on-site
• Accommodation: Camping for 200. Communal 'camping-style' accommodation in Wren Cottage within Camping Barns. Quirky accommodation units such as our 'Fernhill Arcs' and Loft apartment. Private Basement Suite for bride & groom
• Catering: We are a self-catering venue, however we highly recommend Queen & Whippet who we work closely with
• Late license: No bar license - our bar is run as a 'free-bar' with alcohol provided by guests. Music policy within our terms & conditions
• Parking: Parking available on-site
• Pets welcome: Strictly no pets as we are a working farm with working farm dogs
Tel: 01761 221663
Fernhill Farm, Cheddar Road, Compton Martin, BS40 6LD